Moonshot Games is a new studio based in Irvine, California. We love games and believe in their unique superpower to create personal, unforgettable stories that bring friends and the community closer together. We are building a culture of shared ownership where everyone gets a chance to weigh in and help set direction for the game. Our studio is in its early days, which means there’s tons of opportunity to have a big impact on what we are making as well as in the overall direction of the company. Most importantly, we know our games will be at their best when a variety of voices, identities and perspectives go into their creation, so come join us!
The Moonshot art department is looking for a multi-faceted 3D Generalist! Whether the work in question involves modeling, texturing, visual effects, animation or lighting, you and your abilities are the answer.
You will be working alongside our art director and tech artist as you get up close and personal with a variety of creative tasks facing our studio in its early days. As an inventive problem solver, you love nothing more than multitasking your way through some of the most impactful assignments we will face, all while helping to realize the visual personality of our very first game. Your voice will be pivotal, both in day to day work alongside other artists in a highly collaborative environment, and also in helping to define the culture and direction of the studio as a whole.
- Create production art across multiple CG disciplines including modeling, texturing, effects, animation, and lighting
- Collaborate closely with art and design departments to implement in-game assets
- Help define visual targets and the art pipelines used to deliver them
- Enhance gameplay designs with art and integrate them into the overall player experience
- Contribute to studio direction
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong art skills with extensive knowledge of Maya, Photoshop, Substance Designer/Painter and similar technologies utilized in the production of game art
- Adept at prioritizing workflows and identifying the right order in which to complete tasks
- Good interpersonal communication skills – able to help others and ask for help when needed
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative and evolving environment
- Unreal development experience
- Strong understanding of techniques to create art that performs well for real-time games
- Technical background with ability to create tools or shaders to support art creation
- Skills in procedural content creation, such as Houdini
- Strong vocabulary based in the traditional/visual arts including but not limited to painting, sculpture, figure drawing, illustration
Moonshot Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.