Dreamhaven is a new game publisher based in Irvine, California. At Dreamhaven, we're building a new game company based on our shared values and relentless passion for making meaningful player experiences. We’re a strong believer in games being a force for good.
The Publishing Team is seeking an Analytics Engineer to join a small, but growing team. Data is an engine for insights, storytelling, and strategic decision-making to drive growth, operational excellence, and ensure product quality for our games. The Engineer has exposure to both technical and business requirements.
Are you someone that enjoys evaluating business needs and creating analytics plans? Do you thrive in developing data pipelines to support and deliver insights to stakeholders? Does the idea of working in a fast-paced environment, with a versatile set of quantitative and digital skills to help support building and delivering data solutions to Dreamhaven’s game studios and Publishing disciplines excite you? If so, then this may be an amazing opportunity for you!
What You’ll Do
- Provide analytical expertise to Studio leadership, Publishing and external vendors with the goal of improving the health of our games and business processes
- Scope and perform analyses, provide detailed analytical reports, develop KPIs, and produce self-service dashboards from a massive raw dataset to drive business decisions
- Create and maintain data pipelines to support ongoing analytics products and advance self-service capabilities of the team
- Collaborate with the studio engineering teams to architect new and existing data payloads while ensuring data model and schema integrity
- Evaluate the performance of data pipelines and suggest and implement improvements
- Evaluate the data tech stack trends and developments and keep the team informed of potential opportunities
Who You Are
- You are passionate about working in a dynamic and growing startup-like environment with a tight-knit, supportive team that strives to make work interesting and challenging
- Inquisitive with strong problem-solving skills, demonstrated by the ability to structure an approach to issues and analyze alternative solutions
- Curious, internally-motivated self-starter with ability to plan, organize, and establish priorities to manage multiple projects and achieve results
- Have the ability to structure a concise, clear presentation of findings, based on large sets of complex data, and effectively present this to any level in the organization with appropriate visualizations
- Strong quantitative skills with a penchant for analytical query writing
- Strong technical skills and experience creating and maintaining data pipelines
What We Need
- Proficiency in SQL, ETL/ELT and data modeling
- Proficiency in Python (pyspark, pandas, numpy)
- Experience with at least one visualization tool such as Tableau, Looker, or Power BI
- Experience working with large data sets in an analytics, data science or data engineering capacity
- Experience with one or more of the followings a plus: AWS, Databricks, Kafka, Confluent, Kinesis, Airflow, Apache Spark
Dreamhaven is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.