Animator, Secret Door
At Secret Door we believe that some of our best memories come from shared experiences with friends. We are in the early days of our studio and there’s a ton of opportunity to have a big impact on what we are making. Most importantly, we know our games will be at their best when a variety of voices, identities, and perspectives go into their creation, so come join us!
We are looking for a talented, passionate, and experienced animator to join our team. As an animator you know that it takes more than a well-made 3D model to bring a character to life. How a creature moves says as much about its personality as how big its jaws/teeth may be. A player’s feelings about a character often come from the nuanced performances you create.
As our first animator, your close collaboration with the Art Lead and other discipline leads will establish and maintain a workflow that unlocks the creative potential for all involved. Your creative voice will help shape the visual style and character of an exciting and engaging world.
What You Will Do
- Define and create in-game character animations and cutscenes bringing characters and creatures to life
- Facilitate and help direct outsourced animation and rigging providing direction/input including creating block-out animations and animation briefs
- Set and drive the vision for animation in collaboration with all art disciplines and design
- Work with tech art to improve our animation pipeline, both in-engine and with external tooling
What We Need
- Experience working on at least one shipped AAA game title as an in-game animator
- Knowledge of body movement, anticipation, overshoot, follow-through, squash and stretch, forward and inverse kinematics, posing/timing, cycles and other facets of both 3D and 2D animation
- Experience animating third-person and first-person ranged and melee combat
- High level of follow through and ability to take initiative to solve problems
- Experience with Maya
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem solving skills in a fluid, iterative environment
- Strong familiarity with rigging and rig evaluation/direction
Bonus if you have it:
- Experience working in Unity
- Experience working on mobile
Please provide a resume, portfolio, and cover letter when you apply
Secret Door is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.