Associate 3D Environment Artist
At Secret Door we believe that some of our best memories come from shared experiences with friends. We are in the early days of our studio and there’s a ton of opportunity to have a big impact on what we are making as well as the overall direction of our company. Most importantly, we know our games will be at their best when a variety of voices, identities, and perspectives go into their creation, so come join us!
As we begin crafting how to bring people together in positive ways, we are looking for someone with an explorer’s mindset that has experience creating beautiful environments to join us on our journey.
We are focused on staying nimble as a studio and highly value generalists that can wear many hats throughout development. An ideal candidate has the ability to flow between tasks and look at the big picture of the game. Due to the small size of our team, you can expect to have a big impact on our game’s visuals.
What we need:
- You are passionate and knowledgeable about 3D art workflows as it relates to games.
- You have strong art skills and extensive knowledge of software like Maya, Photoshop, Substance Designer/Painter, and/or similar technologies utilized in the production of next-gen game art
- You have experience working in a modern game engine, such as Unity or Unreal
- You can hit visual targets and follow established art pipelines
- You’re flexible and thrive in collaborative environments
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain environmental kits
- Collaborate with Concept Art and Art Director to hit visual targets
- Environmental worldbuilding and set dressing
- Create models and textures
- Help with ingestion of outsource assets
- Effectively communicate with other departments
- Push to continually improve our studio processes and workflows
Application materials needed:
- Resume, Cover Letter, and Portfolio
If these things resonate with you and you find yourself curious about what we are doing at Secret Door, please reach out!
The base salary range for this position is $57,440 to $95,733 USD per year, which is associated with our level 1 salary band. The range listed for this position is just one component of Dreamhaven’s total compensation package for team members and exact compensation may vary based on skills and experience. Total compensation also includes equity, comprehensive benefits and will also include profit sharing in the future.
Secret Door is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.