At Secret Door we believe that some of our best memories come from shared experiences with friends. As we begin crafting how to bring people together in positive ways, we are looking for a motivated Associate Producer who is excited to explore new ground. We are in the early days of our studio and there’s a unique opportunity to have an impact on what we are making and how we go about making it. We know our games will be at their best when a variety of voices, identities, and perspectives go into their creation, so come join us!
An ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills with an educational background or hands on experience in game development. You’ll report to the Lead Producer and support them in the ever present goal of managing the development of the game. You will collaborate with the team across all disciplines to facilitate the delivery of features and tasks, keeping an ever vigilant eye open for opportunities to improve the team's efficiency. Due to the small size of our team, you can expect to be exposed to all walks of the game development process with opportunity to contribute and grow outside your initial role.
What you’ll do:
- Work within project management software to maintain the feature and task backlogs
- Drive execution for sprint goals and build accountability within the team
- Uncover and implement opportunities to improve team work systems and development practices
- Collect and track delivery data to aid in capacity and roadmap planning
- Lead problem solving efforts to unblock work for the team
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings to drive alignment on decisions
- Collaborate with art team to manage and prioritize work for outsourcing
- Report status updates and risks to lead producer
- Contribute to team culture through monitoring team health and ensuring a safe and supportive space to work
- Participate in regular team playtests, offering feedback about the game
- Support across other disciplines, expanding scope into areas of interest
What we need:
- Able to articulate an understanding of the game development process
- Concise and clear communication style in both verbal and written formats
- Highly motivated to learn and grow in a fast paced environment
- Action oriented and capable of self directing
- Comfortable facilitating and leading groups of individuals towards a desired outcome
- Organized and leaderly with an appetite to apply those skills on a daily basis
Bonus if you have it:
- Experience working on a game development team
- Experience with project management software such as Favro and Confluence
- Experience applying Agile, Kanban, Scrum, or Lean development practices
If these things resonate with you and you find yourself curious about what we are doing at Secret Door, please reach out!
Secret Door is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.