Associate UI Engineer, Moonshot Games
Moonshot Games is a new studio based in Irvine, California. We love games and believe in their unique superpower to create personal, unforgettable stories that bring friends and the community closer together. We are building a culture of shared ownership where everyone gets a chance to weigh in and help set direction for the game. Our studio is in its early days, which means there’s tons of opportunity to have a big impact on what we are making as well as in the overall direction of the company. Most importantly, we know our games will be at their best when a variety of voices, identities and perspectives go into their creation, so come join us!
Do you enjoy collaborating with other disciplines such as Art, Design, and Audio? Are you someone who is passionate about making the best user experience ever in games? Is your natural sensibility for user experiences geared towards simplicity over complexity? If you answered “yes” to these, then this may be an amazing opportunity for you!
Moonshot Games is looking for a talented and passionate engineer to join our UI team. This is a great opportunity for someone early in their game development career. You will have the opportunity to learn from experienced developers across the team while working on a variety of areas, from frontend menu screens, in-game HUDs and overlays to progression system UX and performance. You’ll provide tools and support to our UI designers and help build a clean, responsive UI spanning PC and console platforms in a variety of locales.
Everyone at Moonshot is a game developer first, regardless of their specific role. Every day you’ll contribute to the design of our game in ways both big and small. You’ll participate in design discussions, give and receive feedback, and help advocate for simplicity within a passionate, cross-discipline team. We’re looking for willing partners to engage in the growth of our studio.
In addition, you’ll be responsible for the following areas:
- Contribute ideas to help explore game concepts across the development process
- Implement menus, widgets, HUDs and information management systems in C++ and Unreal Blueprint
- Empower UI designers through rapid prototyping and iteration with the goal of creating simple, responsive UI that conveys the appropriate degree of information to our players
- Write clear, maintainable and high-performance UI code that supports a variety of locales across PC and console platforms
Some of the things you bring to the table…
- Proficiency in C/C++ and experience with game scripting languages
- Experience collaborating with a cross-disciplinary group
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and collaboration skills
- A willingness to learn
- Prior game UI development experience
- Experience developing UI for multiplayer action games with a first-person perspective
- Experience with Unreal Engine and UMG
- Experience with console game development (Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, etc)
The base salary range for this position is $66,056 to $110,093 USD per year, which is associated with our Level 1 salary band. The range listed for this position is just one component of Dreamhaven’s total compensation package for team members and exact compensation may vary based on skills and experience. Total compensation also includes equity, comprehensive benefits and will also include profit sharing in the future.
Moonshot is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.