At Secret Door we believe that some of our best memories come from shared experiences with friends. We are in the early days of our studio and there’s a ton of opportunity to have a big impact on what we are making. Most importantly, we know our games will be at their best when a variety of voices, identities, and perspectives go into their creation, so come join us!
As we begin crafting how to bring people together in positive ways, we are looking for a multi-faceted Concept Artist with an explorer’s mind set to join us on our journey.
As our first dedicated Concept Artist you will help create the artistic vision for our game and ensure our visual elements continue to push the envelope creatively and at the highest level of quality. You will work alongside our small art team as you get up close and personal with a variety of creative tasks facing our studio in its early days. Optimally, you love problem solving and enjoy multitasking your way through some of the most impactful assignments we will face, all while helping realize the visual personality of our very first game.
What we need:
- At least 5 years experience creating 2D art for games or entertainment
- A strong sense of lighting, color, and form
- Ability to create high quality concepts for all stages of production including loose sketches, blue sky paintings, pre-visualization, production paintings, render paint-overs, marketing assets, mark-up, etc.
- Knowledge of art software packages such as Photoshop (familiarity with 3D applications such as Blender, Maya, Zbrush, Sketch-up, etc. is a plus)
- Flexibility and an interest in working in a highly-autonomous and collaborative team environment
- Experience working in a modern game engine such as Unity or Unreal is a plus
- Comfort and interest in learning new tools is a plus
What you’ll do:
- Create high quality concepts as well as loose sketches for various stages of production
- Collaborate with creative leads and fellow teammates to craft and communicate the artistic vision for environments, characters, props, VFX, and the mood of our game
- Contribute to art bibles, concepts, illustrations, and mood boards to establish a consistent art direction
- Collaborate with designers and artists to come up with new visual concepts
- Work with our 3D and Tech Artists to help define visual targets and the art pipelines
- Cover letter (optional)
- Please include a portfolio demonstrating ability to create VFX and implement for real-time game engine
If these things resonate with you and you find yourself curious about what we are doing at Secret Door, please reach out!
Secret Door is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.