Dreamhaven is looking for an experienced business intelligence (BI) leader to help us build and manage innovative and highly collaborative Player Insights capabilities. This team will be responsible for developing our business intelligence strategy to support our players, internal studios, and global publishing and commercialization efforts -- and delivering architecture, tools, and gameplay/business insights to Dreamhaven.
The successful candidate has demonstrable experience developing strategies and identifying and managing technologies to support games as a service. The role will drive foundational insight work to guide product development, commercial strategy, go-to-market and ongoing growth initiatives with cross-functional teams.
If you are a seasoned leader who loves games, still delights in coding, dashboard-building, and insight-delivering, and has participated in building full-stack BI capabilities, we’d love to tell you more about the position!
What you’ll do
- Build a dynamic Player Insights team to support multiple games across different genres, platforms, and business models
- Steer global data strategy and implementation for Dreamhaven
- Partner with Dreamhaven’s studios to integrate telemetry into our games and platform
- Guide and mentor a small team of data analysts, scientists, engineers and researchers
- Foster an environment that is not afraid of failure and encourages testing new ways to improve our games and our players’ experience
What we need
- Significant experience in a senior data insights role at a top company in the entertainment or technology industry
- Demonstrated success as part of a team that has launched a new product
- Player-coach attitude, willing and able to pitch in across all BI efforts
- Solid expertise in several core areas of data strategy and management, including: ETL processes, querying, visualization and dashboarding, predictive modeling, experimentation, machine learning, QA, and governance (security, compliance, best practices, data management)
- Comfort using the full spectrum of BI tools and techniques; objective approach to tailoring solutions to Dreamhaven’s needs
- Familiarity with relative benefits of industry-standard off-the-shelf analytics tools & services, as well as comfort helping drive Dreamhaven vendor selection & management
- Experience working with multiple game teams and stakeholders at the same time
- Proven track record in crafting a clear strategic vision that was communicated clearly, adopted through all levels of an org, and delivered results
- Experience in qualitative research, including: focus group testing, surveys, sentiment analysis, market insights and research
- Strong instincts around prioritizing actionable insights and tools (and resisting chasing fascinating/shiny but so-what efforts)
- Excellent ability to provide clear and concise direction/feedback to stakeholders as well as the ability to influence and collaborate with others