Director of Regional Publishing
Dreamhaven Publishing is looking for a Director of Regional Publishing to spearhead the formation of a world class team to take our games to markets around the globe. We're building a new game company based on our shared values and relentless passion for making meaningful player experiences. This role will be foundational to the Dreamhaven Publishing org and will directly influence how we service games, select partners, adapt campaigns and nurture communities at the local level.
We're looking for an experienced publishing professional looking to start a new adventure, venturing into uncharted territory alongside this amazing, growing team. This candidate will combine an entrepreneurial drive with a problem-solving mindset to propose recommendations and to implement those recommendations into action. This candidate thrives in ambiguity and is ready to roll up their sleeves to bring clarity to complex cross-cultural problems.
The ideal candidate has experience working with player communities around the world and understands the nuances of local markets. They have worked at the local level and understand how to translate global strategies to local execution. They have consulted on regional operating models, negotiated regional publishing partnerships or directly opened up local offices. Lastly, they have understanding and experience managing the complexities of local tax, legal and regulatory challenges with operating regional office(s).
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and refine Dreamhaven’s regional strategies, from operations to hiring to go-to-market planning
- Evaluate potential partners to extend and expand our reach into developing markets
- Build local teams to service players and to adapt global campaigns
- Evaluate processes to efficiently adapt marketing campaigns to local cultures, expectations and tastes
- Create regional feedback processes, closing the loop from the local markets to the studios, helping to inform development decisions
Who We’re Looking For:
- Have a proven track record serving and launching games regionally
- Deep understanding and expertise in regional operations and regional marketing
- Player-focused professional who understands the power of local community-building
- Experience and expertise tackling local market challenges, and capturing local opportunities across the gaming landscape
- Experience consulting on global operations and regional execution
- Experience integrating operations with 3rd party publishers in local markets
- Experience partnering directly with studio teams
- A respectful voice who isn't afraid to voice their opinion but is willing to bend when needed
- Excellent leadership skills and experience building and nurturing teams
- A strong advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion, with proven success in promoting a inclusive environment and ensuring under-represented groups have visibility and a voice
- Experience opening up local offices is a plus!
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally frequently
Dreamhaven is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.