Dreamhaven is looking for an experienced technologist to build and lead our publishing platform engineering team and oversee all technology choices for the publishing platform.
This role will report to our Head of Publishing Platform and will build, lead and mentor an engineering team responsible for developing technologies across the entirety of the publishing platform (Infrastructure/Cloud, Commerce, Customer Service, Data and AI, Distribution, Internationalization, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social, Live Operations, and Security). This role will also be directly responsible for the following initiatives: Infrastructure/Cloud, Data, Security, Shared Core Game Services and Tech QA.
- Build a highly effective, collaborative, diverse, and scalable publishing platform engineering team capable of delivering on product and technology goals
- Define and execute the technology strategy and standards for Dreamhaven’s publishing platform and centralized services
- Partner and strategize closely with with technology peers across Dreamhaven’s studios to identify and develop technical solutions that effectively service their needs in a centralized, cost effective and secure fashion, as well as educate them on complexities of the centralized solutions and hold them to the high standards of technical excellence for development and operations
- Partner closely with the peer publishing platform leaders (Director of Operations, Director of Product etc) to inform the future direction and delivery of the platform
- Directly lead core platform technology, infrastructure, big data, development support, and security initiatives. Develop and oversee a multi-year technology roadmap and delivery for these initiatives.
- Manage engineering discipline for the Publishing Platform, including setting craft standards, career progression, promotions, compensation strategies, performance management, staffing and other similar discipline management responsibilities.
- Drive adoption and implementation of industry’s standards and best practices in technology and operations, both within the Publishing Platform group and within the Game Studios (as it relates to Publishing Platform products and integrations).
- Actively foster a healthy team culture and an environment that is free from failure to test new ways to reach, engage, and surround players and fans
- Significant experience working in a senior technology leadership role within the entertainment, gaming or related industry
- Demonstrated experience as part of a team that has launched or brought a new product to market
- Deep experience in technologies in game publishing, including: distribution platforms, game services, account and billing services, infrastructure and security
- Significant experience with online, global, distributed architectures
- 4+ years prior experience as a Principle Engineer or Architect
- Advanced Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Game development experience a plus
- Prior success in crafting a clear strategic vision that was communicated, adopted and implemented across all levels of an organization
- Strong communicator with the ability to provide direction and feedback to stakeholders as well as the ability to influence and collaborate with others
- Ability to travel as required to manage international vendors and partners
Dreamhaven is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.