Director - Player Communications
Dreamhaven is looking for a Director of Player Communications to spearhead the formation of a world class team and discipline for our games, studios, and partners. At Dreamhaven, we're building a new game company based on our shared values and relentless passion for making meaningful player experiences. This role will be at the ground floor of the Dreamhaven Publishing org formation and will be able to put their fingerprints on how we build and nurture our relationship with the global gaming community.
We're looking for an experienced community & communications professional that's looking to define how community management, creator programs, and player communications are developed in collaboration with our studios. Do you get excited about crafting messages for players or creating programs to connect communities? Are you convinced there is an opportunity to innovate and redefine what player communications means today? If you answered yes, then this may be a great opportunity for you!
The ideal candidate has a diverse background in communications, creative, and community and understands how to think globally across all. They have experience and knowledge in traditional community management working with game teams. This candidate also understands how to unlock the power of creators and is up to date on the latest social media trends and insights. Lastly, this candidate is multi-faceted and solves problems creatively to benefit the audiences and communities we serve.
What You Will Do
- Establish the foundations for the product communications and community discipline for Dreamhaven
- Build and lead a team of integrated community and communications pros from developer relations, social media, editorial, influencer management, and creator programs
- Partner with Dreamhaven Comms & HR to develop communications strategies in unison across studios
- Identify, RFP, and select agency partners to work with
- Build custom creative campaigns for our communications channels either directly or in partnership with the community
- Scale strategies and plans to local regions with local agencies, partners, and teams
- Partner with growing publishing and marketing teams to build out capabilities to meet the needs of our games and potential target audiences
What We Need
- Have a proven track record managing communities & creators in the gaming and entertainment industries
- Diverse experience outside of gaming & entertainment is a plus
- Experience partnering directly with studio teams as an embed or part of studio
- Experience working on global brands or within global orgs. Understands how to translate local player needs to global campaigns & solutions
- A respectful voice who isn't afraid to voice their opinion but is willing to compromise when needed
- Excellent leadership skills and experience building and nurturing teams
- Pop, Gaming, and Geek Culture savant who lives and breathes the culture with passion
- Data & insights informed with expertise in how to use research and analytics
- Support and advocate diversity, equity, and inclusion with proven success in promoting an inclusive environment
- Experience working with brand teams & performance marketing teams to build communications and community strategies
Dreamhaven is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.