Encounter Design Intern
At Secret Door we believe that some of our best memories come from shared experiences with friends. We are in the early days of our studio and there’s a ton of opportunity to have a big impact on what we are making. Most importantly, we know our games will be at their best when a variety of voices, identities, and perspectives go into their creation, so come join us!
As we begin crafting how to bring people together in positive ways, we are looking for an Encounter Design Intern who is eager to learn and will help make amazing encounters and missions for our game. Level design is more than just laying out a series of challenges, but is about understanding what is fun and what types of things groups of players will really respond to positively. As an intern on our small team, you will have many opportunities to get hands-on with the levels being generated and the game as a whole.
What you’ll need...
- Passion for tactical board games and RPGs (both digital and physical)
- Knowledge around what makes turn based combat and exploration interesting and compelling
- In-engine Unity implementation and integration experience
- Familiarity with the workflows involved with making content for games
- The ability to be flexible and thrive in highly-autonomous and collaborative team environments
Bonus if you have it…
- Experience laying out encounters and missions using level editing tools
- Developed games for a variety of platforms (e.g. desktop, console, and mobile)
- Cover Letter
- Website / Portfolio
To be considered for a Dreamhaven internship you must be:
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, pursuing a degree
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Able to work full-time for 12 weeks
- Able to relocate to Orange County to work on-site
Secret Door is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.