Encounter Design Intern, Secret Door
We are looking for a talented and passionate level design intern to help us make amazing encounters and missions for our game. Level design is more than just laying out a series of challenges, but is about understanding what is fun and what types of things groups of players will really respond to positively. In this role you will be helping define a lot of the soul of our game as level design is really where the rubber hits the road and the ideals of a game become real.
What we need:
- A self motivated person who can help with preliminary layouts for levels
- A love for exploring and creating design systems
- Some experience designing turn based levels for video games or board games
- Some experience iterating on design based on player feedback
- Some experience with a modern game development package (extra points for Unity experience)
- Experience with tactical board games and/or RPGs (both digital and physical) is a plus
What you’ll do:
- Work on preliminary setup for turn based encounters and missions
- Tweak and update encounters and missions using level editing tools
- Test missions then collect and provide feedback about what’s working and what’s not
- Use the game editor to tweak enemy and item properties
If these things resonate with you and you find yourself curious about what we are doing at Secret Door, please apply through our internship program!
Secret Door is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.