Environment Art Intern
At Secret Door, we believe that some of our best memories come from shared experiences with friends. We are in the early days of our studio and there’s a ton of opportunity to have a big impact on what we are making. Most importantly, we know our games will be at their best when a variety of voices, identities, and perspectives go into their creation, so come join us!
As we begin crafting how to bring people together in positive ways, we are looking for a generalist Environment Art Intern who is eager to learn and will help with world-building and creating environments for our game. As an intern on our small team, you will have lots of opportunities to get hands-on with many different aspects of environment art and the game as a whole.
What you’ll need...
- Passion for tactical board games and RPGs (both digital and physical)
- Affinity for stylized art
- Knowledge of modularity, construction, and texture creation
- Experience using real-time engines such as Unity or Unreal
- Knowledge of current industry tools such as Maya, Substance Painter, Designer, and ZBrush
- Familiarity with workflows involved in the art production pipeline for games
- The ability to be flexible and thrive in highly-autonomous and collaborative team environments
Bonus if you have it…
- Ability to sketch and concept to help explain ideas
- Developed games for a variety of platforms (e.g. desktop, console, and mobile)
- Cover Letter
To be considered for a Dreamhaven internship you must be:
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, pursuing a degree
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Able to work full-time for 12 weeks
- Able to relocate to Orange County to work on-site
Secret Door is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.