3D Environment Art Intern
Hello there! Moonshot is looking for a 3D Environment Art Intern!
Do you enjoy building vast environments and telling a story through player experiences? How about working with level block-outs all the way to final, beautiful game ready levels? If you enjoy collaboration, breathing life into all corners of the world, and helping expand on your own capabilities as an artist we're the studio for you!
As an Intern on the Environment Art team, you will help us build out our world and create something fun and adventurous for our players. You’ll be collaborating closely with the Lead Environment Artist and will be creating a wide range of environments that will make for an ever-exciting set of new challenges.
Your passion for Environment Art and game development will guide your day to day in creating memorable spaces and delightful surprises. Your vision and talent will help shape what we are building and we can't wait to see what you create.
Moonshot Games is a new studio based in Irvine, California. We love games and believe in their unique superpower to create personal, unforgettable stories that bring friends and the community closer together. We are building a culture of shared ownership where everyone gets a chance to weigh in and help set direction for the game. Our studio is in its early days, which means there’s tons of opportunity to have a big impact on what we are making as well as in the overall direction of the company. Most importantly, we know our games will be at their best when a variety of voices, identities and perspectives go into their creation, so come join us!
What your day to day will look like…
- You will collaborate together with the Lead Environment Artist to create a variety of fun and awe-inspiring environments that are inviting and exciting to explore
- There will be a wide range of environments for you to help breathe life into! From exteriors to interiors, natural environments to props and vegetation, the possibilities of creativity is endless
- Working and collaborating closely with level design, you'll be contributing to the level creation process from the start of rough blockouts to its polished state with textures, set dressing, lighting, composition, and optimization and be a part of getting the environment finished
Some of the things you bring to the table…
- Passion for stylized 3D Environment art
- Some familiarity with Maya, Photoshop, and Substance Designer is preferred
- Some experience or interest in working with tiling textures, modular assets and mesh decals as well as sculpted & unique assets
- Interest in creating props, materials, and set dress areas
- Open to working in a heavily iterative process and are comfortable showing very work in progress models and levels frequently, receiving feedback and collaborating with others
Previous experience in Game Engines like Unreal
The pay rate for this internship is $30 USD per hour.
Moonshot is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Dreamhaven Candidate Privacy Notice