We believe that some of our best memories come from shared experiences with friends. As we begin crafting how to bring people together in positive ways, we are looking for a gameplay engineer who is excited to explore new ground. We are in the early days of our studio and there’s a ton of opportunity to have a big impact on what we are making as well as the overall direction of our studio.
We are focused on staying nimble and therefore highly value generalists that can navigate a variety of engineering challenges. While you’ll help architect and implement gameplay systems and user-facing features, you may also find yourself collaborating with teammates on things like tools, backend systems, and even the game design itself.
- You should have a solid foundation of programming, debugging, and optimization experience.
- Knowledge in different aspects of gameplay engineering such as gameplay systems, user interface, AI, or networking is desirable.
- Experience developing games using C# and Unity is ideal. Having experience with other languages and technologies is a bonus.
- Having experience developing across a variety of platforms (e.g. desktop, console, mobile) is also valuable.
- You’ll work closely with both designers and artists on the design and implementation of features.
- You should be flexible and thrive in highly-autonomous and collaborative team environments.
If these things resonate with you and you find yourself curious about what we are up to, please reach out!
Secret Door is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.