Moonshot Games is a new studio based in Irvine, California. We love games and believe in their unique superpower to create personal, unforgettable stories that bring friends and the community closer together. We are building a culture of shared ownership where everyone gets a chance to weigh in and help set direction for the game. Our studio is in its early days, which means there’s tons of opportunity to have a big impact on what we are making as well as in the overall direction of the company. Most importantly, we know our games will be at their best when a variety of voices, identities and perspectives go into their creation, so come join us!
Moonshot is looking for an awesome developer to guide our platform team! You will be responsible for designing our server platform from the ground up and managing the platform team that will build out the service. Along the way, you’ll have the chance to identify and work with external service partners to deliver an infrastructure that can scale to the needs of our online games. You’ll also help us establish and realize our goals around rapid deployment and live service availability. Finally, you’ll play a key role in guiding the studio and your expertise in the online game services domain will help pave the way for the team as we develop our first game together!
- Build and manage Moonshot’s Platform team
- Develop an infrastructure that supports the rapid pace of internal development and lowers the barrier to team participation in live operations support
- Establish goals for what our live service looks like, in terms of scalability, availability and deployment
- Build and maintain relationships with third-party service providers
- Develop technology to bridge the gap between first-party and third-party online services
Required Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable experience working with one or more large scale live, online game service architectures
- Solid experience and technical understanding of at least one cloud service provider platform
- Experience working with various data persistence technologies in a cloud environment at scale
- Experience with low-level networking concepts
- Proficiency in one or more relevant object-oriented languages
- Experience interviewing, hiring and managing software engineers for platform/online engineer roles
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Experience working with multiple cloud service providers
- Experience developing action games with a first-person perspective
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, physics, mathematics or a related field, or equivalent self-directed study
Moonshot Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.