Moonshot Games is a new studio based in Irvine, California. We love games and believe in their unique superpower to create personal, unforgettable stories that bring friends and the community closer together. We are building a culture of shared ownership where everyone gets a chance to weigh in and help set direction for the game. Our studio is in its early days, which means there’s tons of opportunity to have a big impact on what we are making as well as in the overall direction of the company. Most importantly, we know our games will be at their best when a variety of voices, identities and perspectives go into their creation, so come join us!
Moonshot is looking for a talented developer to build the features interfacing with third party online platforms. You will work with developers of all disciplines to enable them with online game services and integrate with the Unreal Engine C++ code base. You will actively participate in the hiring of your peers to the platform engineering team. You will be instrumental in the foundation of back-end services for Moonshot Games and by extension Dreamhaven.
At Moonshot, it’s important that goals are clear and progress is measurable. Success in this platform engineering role means delivering core online game services this year, including authentication, progression and social systems, by either leveraging an existing platform or building the missing components.
The result of your work will be the first impression the players have when launching our game. Your contributions will provide a secure and stable service, ensuring a successful game launch and healthy live game operation.
- Integration with Online Subsystem (or equivalent)
- Support game integration across multiple platform providers
- Develop technology to bridge the gap between first-party and third-party online services
- Support and deploy at scale a fleet of Unreal Engine dedicated servers
- Develop an infrastructure that supports rapid internal development and lowers the barrier for live operations support
- Identify, alert and alleviate performance bottlenecks on the server
- Write clear, maintainable and high-performance code
Required Skills & Experience
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Experience and understanding of a client/server networked game simulation in Unreal Engine 4, or similar.
- Solid experience and technical understanding of at least one cloud service provider
- Demonstrable experience working with one or more large scale live, online game service architectures
- Experience with low-level networking concepts
- Experience working with multiple cloud service providers
- Experience developing action games with a first-person perspective
- Prior shipped game titles as Server Engineering or related role
- Experience working with various data persistence technologies in a cloud environment at scale
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, physics, mathematics or a related field, or equivalent self-directed study
Moonshot is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.