Platform Engineering Intern, Publishing
Dreamhaven is home to multiple game development studios and a central support team. This includes global operations, publishing, and partnership functions that can also help independent developers build and launch their games.
Are you looking for an amazing internship opportunity in the games industry? If you’re someone who loves collaboration and working with technologies across an entire company, then this opportunity may be a great fit for you! We’re looking for an engineering intern to join the Publishing Platform team. This team is responsible for the products, infrastructure, technology and operations that power and support Dreamhaven’s future games and other products.
What you’ll do
You'll be part of the central engineering team supporting the Dreamhaven game publishing platform to bring our games to desktop, mobile, and console platforms. This team creates reusable technology services and tools for Dreamhaven’s internal game studios who are looking to build games through our platform. You will keep the game developers' experience in mind as you assist with tools and scripting, documentation, SDK development, microservices creation, and other solutions to support our platform and game developers.
You’ll have opportunity to be exposed to and work with a variety of platforms and technology, including:
- Console, mobile and desktop development environments
- Game engine middleware such as Unity and Unreal engines
- 1st party and 3rd party technologies and SDKs
What we need
- Familiar with C++ or Golang; have contributed meaningfully in these languages to a final product either in a commercial or academic setting
- Knowledge in game engines (Unreal and Unity)
- Previous experience or internships at gaming studios is preferred
- Familiarity with platform tech (e.g. Playfab, Amazon AWS/Game Tech, Epic Online Services, etc.) is a plus
Who you are
- Gamer; any kind of games on any kind of platform (desktop, consoles, mobile)
- Strong desire to empower others
- Willingness to dive into unknowns and do lots of research
- Possesses a passion for working on platforms supporting multiple game teams
- See the world through different lens and embrace diverse perspectives
- Comfortable working with not well defined problems and work to define and resolve methodically
Dreamhaven is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.