Player Communications Lead, Moonshot
Moonshot and Dreamhaven are looking for an experienced communications and community leader to join us, as we prepare to launch our first game. This role will report to the Dreamhaven Director of Player Community + Communications, but sit directly with the Moonshot game team.
To succeed, you’ll need to love player communications, cultivating communities from scratch, and managing a variety of content streams and social channels. You should be ready to jump into a startup environment, roll up your sleeves and help build from the foundations.
You’re an expert communicator, strategist and creative thinker. You’ve had demonstrated experience building and managing gaming communities, and supporting games as a live service. You’re excited to develop foundational communications strategy and guide the growth of our channels and communities, alongside the cross-functional development and publishing teams. You understand the creator ecosystem and how great content partners drive deep connections, not just clicks and views.
If you are a seasoned storyteller and leader who loves building thriving player communities, we’d love to tell you more about the position!
- Work with studio leadership and the central team to build the comprehensive, global launch plan.
- Own the communications and community launch plan, as well as ongoing support for Moonshot’s first game release
- Manage the daily player communication, feedback loops, creator relationships and community touchpoints, from the ground up, in line with the vision and values of the studio
- Develop innovative social, creator and editorial content, aimed at delighting and engaging the game’s burgeoning community
- Craft a roadmap and vision that supports an integrated, truly global player experience from beta, to launch, and into live service
- Bring innovation, insights and market analysis together with proven instincts, to help us create the best player experience, drive engagement and support communities at scale
- Substantial experience working in community and player communications, with notable management experience
- A depth of experience in player-facing community, communications and social media is necessary to succeed in this role
- Experience with (and love for) building thriving teams through strong leadership, great management and thoughtful mentorship
- Demonstrated success working in cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams that have launched programs/products to a global player community
- Solid expertise in major areas of player communications including development of editorial content (short form video production, editing, copywriting, event coverage, etc), influencer/creator relations, community management, and social channel management
- Proven track record in crafting a clear communications strategy and executing it to a live player community, with measurable success
- Passionate, resilient and collaborative teammate who focuses on building great relationships and positive team culture
The base salary range for this position is $126,465 to $210,774 USD per year, which is associated with our Level 4 salary band. The range listed for this position is just one component of Dreamhaven’s total compensation package for team members and exact compensation may vary based on skills and experience. Total compensation also includes equity, comprehensive benefits and will also include profit sharing in the future.
Dreamhaven is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Dreamhaven Candidate Privacy Notice