Hi there! Moonshot is looking for a talented quality assurance leader to join our team! This person will lead the process of testing our first game across all its platforms. Part of that is digging deep into the design to understand the game, and then building a strategy with internal and external partners to test all systems. This is a great opportunity for someone to join a team early in its lifecycle and play a big role in establishing process and methodology for years to come. We believe QA is a fundamental part of our development process, and that only through close collaboration with the rest of the development team can we really achieve something great!
Moonshot Games is a new studio based in Irvine, California. We love games and believe in their unique superpower to create personal, unforgettable stories that bring friends and the community closer together. We are building a culture of shared ownership where everyone gets a chance to weigh in and help set direction for the game. Our studio is in its early days, which means there’s tons of opportunity to have a big impact on what we are making as well as in the overall direction of the company. Most importantly, we know our games will be at their best when a variety of voices, identities and perspectives go into their creation, so come join us!
What your day to day will look like…
- Manage the relationship with external testing partners in a way that reflects our studio values
- Ensure testing efforts have the necessary breadth and depth to achieve our goals
- Spearhead test plan creation in collaboration with design, engineering, art, and production
- Act as communication bridge for testing efforts between internal and external teams
- Expand QA effort when appropriate to include localization QA, Certification testing, and hardware config testing
- Identify and champion opportunities for automation as part of our testing strategy
- Organize playtests across the team; lead the efforts around build tracking, issue reporting and coordination of playtest environments
- Research, report, and manage bugs sourced from several platforms (PC & Console)
Some of the things you bring to the table…
- Experience leading testing teams through all phases of the game development process and delivering high quality releases consistently
- Team management experience including streamlining workflows, tracking dependencies, long term planning, and personnel coaching
- Expertise with Jira to create and optimize bug flows, track milestones, share burndown charts, and effectively curate the bug database
- Willingness to jump in and help test all areas of our game and platform
- Contribute ideas to help explore game concepts across the development process
- Experience with Unreal development and/or console submissions is a plus!
Moonshot is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.