Senior Core Technology Engineer, Moonshot Games
Hi there! Moonshot is looking for a Senior Core Technology Engineer to join our team! As a Senior Core Technology Engineer at Moonshot, you will work with developers across all disciplines to help them deliver highly optimized content and features. Your role will be to dive unafraid into Unreal Engine systems and use your knowledge and experience to guide the team through the engine. Every game is different, and ensuring the engine supports our game’s differences will be your domain. In collaborations with other developers you’ll work to ensure we hit a high bar for quality and performance across PC and console platforms.
Moonshot Games is a new studio based in Irvine, California. We love games and believe in their unique superpower to create personal, unforgettable stories that bring friends and the community closer together. We are building a culture of shared ownership where everyone gets a chance to weigh in and help set direction for the game. Our studio is in its early days, which means there’s tons of opportunity to have a big impact on what we are making as well as in the overall direction of the company. Most importantly, we know our games will be at their best when a variety of voices, identities and perspectives go into their creation, so come join us!
What your day to day will look like…
- Support other developers in implementing efficient content, features, and systems across PC and console platforms.
- Improve and extend Unreal Engine systems, develop technology to support our game’s needs, and know when to take each approach.
- Analyze CPU, GPU and memory performance of the game across PC and console platforms.
- Implement both foundational and targeted optimizations to reach our performance goals.
- Liaise with external technology development vendors and partners (e.g. Epic Games).
- Write clear, maintainable, and high-performance code.
Some of the things you bring to the table…
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong knowledge of C++ and multi-threaded programming techniques.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to dig into existing complex systems and achieve improvements.
- Demonstrated CPU, GPU, and memory optimization skills.
- Familiarity with modern rendering APIs such as DirectX 12 or Vulkan, as well as shading languages such as HLSL.
- Familiarity with hardware architectures (e.g. x86-64, AMD GPUs, NVIDIA GPUs).
- Familiarity with development tools and profiling on modern systems (e.g. PIX, Razor, NVIDIA Nsight, Renderdoc).
The base salary range for this position is $145,343 to $242,391 USD per year, which is associated with our Level 4 salary band. The range listed for this position is just one component of Dreamhaven’s total compensation package for team members and exact compensation may vary based on skills and experience. Total compensation also includes equity, comprehensive benefits and will also include profit sharing in the future.
Moonshot is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.