Senior Software Engineer, Publishing Platform
Dreamhaven is a new game publisher based in Irvine, California. At Dreamhaven, we're building a new game company based on our shared values and relentless passion for making meaningful player experiences. We’re a strong believer in games being a force for good. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer for our Publishing team to deliver our publishing platform that includes infrastructure, technology, services, and operations that empowers Dreamhaven’s future games and other products.
What you’ll do
As a Senior Software Engineer on the team, you'll support the Dreamhaven game publishing platform to bring our games to desktop, mobile, and console platforms. This team adopts and creates reusable technology services and tools for Dreamhaven’s internal game teams and external game studios who are looking to build games through our platform. You will keep the game developers' experience in mind as you evaluate and contribute to software architecture, solutioning and implementation details, ensuring game developers can easily and natively integrate with our services and capabilities. You will also be involved in buy vs. build discussion, evaluating off-the-shelf solutions, to contribute to an overall cohesive offering to game teams. You will always be expected to learn new technology, define best practices, collaborate and mentor others. You will report to the Lead Platform Engineer in the Publishing Platform team.
What we need
- Experience working with a variety of Amazon Web Services; Google Cloud Platform experience a plus
- Experience working with backends (e.g. Playfab, Epic Online Services, etc.)
- Experience providing a software service, SDK, or API to internal or external teams
- Understanding of Platform as a Service (PaaS) and general product management ideas
- Experience integrating multiple software solutions into a cohesive offering
- Experience in general game client/server development
- Experience with C++; Go and/or C# a plus
- Generalist in application systems (authentication, authorization, commerce, accounts, profiles, matchmaking, etc.)
- Knowledge in large scale application architecture a plus
- Knowledge integrating with Steam, Xbox Live, PlayStation Network; iOS and Android a plus
- Unreal and/or Unity experience a plus
- Cloud security and governance experience a plus
Who you are
- Customer-focused (game studios, other internal stakeholders, and our players)
- Open to new challenges and resourceful in finding solutions collaboratively
- Possesses a passion for working on platforms supporting multiple game teams
- Willingness to dive into unknowns and do lots of research
- Comfortable working with not well defined problems and work to define and resolve methodically
- You play some games on some platforms (mobile phones, PC or consoles)
- Remote work will be considered on a case-by-case basis as on-site work is preferred
The base salary range for this position is $145,434 to $242,391 USD per year, which is associated with our level 4 salary band. The range listed for this position is just one component of Dreamhaven’s total compensation package for team members and exact compensation may vary based on skills and experience. Total compensation also includes equity, comprehensive benefits and will also include profit sharing in the future.
Dreamhaven is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Dreamhaven Candidate Privacy Notice