Senior Producer, Moonshot Games
Hi there! Our team over at Moonshot is looking for a talented senior producer to help guide development for platform and gameplay features on our first game!
In this role you’ll bounce between long term planning, day to day troubleshooting and helping curate traditions that empower those around you to build a joyous and sustainable culture.
Your technical management experience and natural curiosity to understand how things work will help build bridges between content folks and engineers. Your knack for smelling smoke before there’s fire, coupled with your thoughtful and disciplined process, will help the team navigate unforeseen challenges. Most importantly, you are an agent for good. Your conviction and ingenuity keep everyone moving and taking another step forward towards building something awesome and beautiful.
If you’re passionate about guiding development and curating team energy to establish a positive and supportive culture, we’d love to hear from you!
Moonshot Games is a new studio based in Irvine, California. We love games and believe in their unique superpower to create personal, unforgettable stories that bring friends and the community closer together. We are building a culture of shared ownership where everyone gets a chance to weigh in and help set direction for the game. Our studio is in its early days, which means there’s tons of opportunity to have a big impact on what we are making as well as in the overall direction of the company. Most importantly, we know our games will be at their best when a variety of voices, identities and perspectives go into their creation, so come join us!
What your day to day will look like…
- Partner with a cross-functional team to own and deliver gameplay, UI and platform features for PC and Console platforms
- Collaborate with external teams to manage dependencies, establish credible delivery schedules, and ultimately help guide our approach to live operations
- Build roadmaps, deconstruct and organize work, and then keep it flowing smoothly
- Develop a holistic perspective on our game and studio, and share your thoughts on what’s working and how it might be better
- Be a force for good in curating the way we work and encourage discussion across the team
- Help the team find the right balance between getting stuff done and time away from the keyboard
Some of the things you bring to the table…
- Experience leading technical projects that are in service of a great player experience
- Comfort diving into new areas of development, building an understanding of how they work, and asking thoughtful questions to see how they can be improved
- A background in managing game development in Jira/Project/Confluence/Excel and finding engaging ways to present the data
- Pride and passion for building development scenarios, evaluating them, and presenting a recommended direction to the team
- Resiliency and a willing heart, as we’re still a startup, and that means some uncertainty lies ahead
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Experience with console game development
Moonshot is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.