We believe that some of our best memories come from shared experiences with friends. As we begin crafting how to bring people together in positive ways, we are looking for someone with an explorer’s mind set and significant experience developing server solutions.
We are focused on staying nimble as a studio and highly value generalists that can navigate a variety of challenges. Besides moving us forward on the server-side, you may find yourself building tools, developing deployment strategies, and working on game client features. In addition, due to our small size, you will help shape the direction of the game we’re making and our studio’s culture.
- As the driver of our server development, you should have significant experience as a server engineer developing, shipping, and maintaining live games.
- Reliability and correctness are key. You should be experienced in writing scalable and highly available solutions.
- Our game server is currently written in C#, but we want to use the right tool for each job. Having experience in (or the ability to quickly learn) different languages and technologies is important.
- You’ll be helping to develop both game and platform servers, so you should have experience in both.
- You should have experience using various cloud service providers and associated technologies.
- We’re a tight team, and as such we’re looking for someone who is highly collaborative and has very good communication skills.
If these things resonate with you and you find yourself curious about what we are doing here at Secret Door, please reach out!
Secret Door is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.