Studio Commercial Lead, Moonshot Games
Hi there! Our team over at Moonshot is looking for a talented commercial leader to establish and curate the business strategy for our first game!
In this role you’ll help establish our global publishing and commercial vision by aligning stakeholders within the studio and our central publishing team. You’ll also be a part of our studio leadership team and in that role, bounce between long term planning, day to day troubleshooting and helping curate traditions that empower those around you to build a joyous and sustainable culture.
Your ability to balance the needs of our players with long term business goals will help establish a sustainable strategy for years to come. Your ability to build bridges will help align our development and publishing teams, as well as our global and regional efforts. You have a healthy respect for data and how it can help inform our decision making, but always in service of our creative aspirations. Most importantly, you are an agent for good. Your passion to build something that resonates deeply and honors the time and financial investment of all our players will play an important role in establishing long term trust with our community.
If you’re passionate about establishing and operating business strategy for an exciting new game with a committed studio and central publishing team, we’d love to hear from you!
Moonshot Games is a new studio based in Irvine, California. We love games and believe in their unique superpower to create personal, unforgettable stories that bring friends and the community closer together. We are building a culture of shared ownership where everyone gets a chance to weigh in and help set direction for the game. Our studio is in its early days, which means there’s tons of opportunity to have a big impact on what we are making as well as in the overall direction of the company. Most importantly, we know our games will be at their best when a variety of voices, identities and perspectives go into their creation, so come join us!
What your day to day will look like…
- Establish holistic business strategy for a PC/console title that creates a successful, sustainable franchise that brings players joy for years to come
- Partner with leadership team to establish studio level strategy that realizes short and long term goals
- Lead cross-functional live operation publishing efforts by partnering with Product, Brand, and Community teams
- Manage global business operations through services including a rotating shop, seasonal content beats and regional strategic partnerships in collaboration with our regional leadership team
- Identify and prioritize game and ancillary product choices that reflect studio design values and incorporate publishing insights to foster a player-first approach to our commercial efforts
- Analyze performance data to surface challenges and opportunities that will influence our development and global publishing efforts
Some of the things you bring to the table…
- Deep understanding and experience in running the business of global games at scale and with a games-as-a-service approach
- Passion for start-up, small team culture and being hands on with every level of the business
- Intimate knowledge of the global games landscape, current competition, innovations and cultural trends
- Broad experience working with international teams to adapt global strategy for local, player-first execution
- A willing heart, resiliency, and empathy, both for fellow team members and for our players
The base salary range for this position is $174,894 to $291,490 USD per year, which is associated with our Level 6 salary band. The range listed for this position is just one component of Dreamhaven’s total compensation package for team members and exact compensation may vary based on skills and experience. Total compensation also includes equity, comprehensive benefits and will also include profit sharing in the future.
Moonshot is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Dreamhaven Candidate Privacy Notice