We believe that some of our best memories come from shared experiences with friends. As we begin crafting how to bring people together in positive ways, we are looking for a talented technical artist who is excited to explore new ground. We are in the early days of our studio and there’s a unique opportunity to have an impact on what we are making and how we go about making it. We know our games will be at their best when a variety of voices, identities, and perspectives go into their creation, so come join us!
As the team’s technical artist you will be responsible for helping to define and maintain the art content pipelines. You’ll work closely with artists and engineers to craft workflows that enable artists to be their best, while also enforcing technical constraints and budgets that you helped to set. Given our nimble team size, you’ll have the opportunity to tackle a wide and varied range of challenges that can have a major positive impact on the team and game.
What you’ll do:
- Help architect and maintain art content pipelines and workflows
- Work with the team to develop and enforce asset budgets and technical constraints
- Build tools that enable artists to work more efficiently (DCC plugins and standalone tooling)
- Develop and support workflows for ingesting outsourced assets
- Help craft asset best practice and naming standards for the team to follow
- Assist with the management of assets through source control
- Lead the optimization effort of assets for disk, memory, and runtime performance
What we need:
- An artist-first mindset combined with a strong desire to empower others
- Demonstrable ability to program in Python, C#, or C++
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, and a willingness to dive into the unknown
- Strong familiarity with content creation in Maya, Houdini, ZBrush, Substance, Photoshop, etc.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative environment across all disciplines
Bonus if you have it:
- Experience with rigging
- Experience developing games using the Unity game engine
- Experience developing games for different platforms including PC, consoles, and mobile
- Skill with shader creation using either HLSL or node-based shaders
- Familiarity with in-game simulation, such as for ragdoll, cloth, or hair
Application Materials: (Optional)
- Please include a Portfolio demonstrating relevant abilities
If these things resonate with you and you find yourself curious about what we are doing at Secret Door, please reach out!
Secret Door is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.