Moonshot Games is a new studio based in Irvine, California. We love games and believe in their unique superpower to create personal, unforgettable stories that bring friends and the community closer together. We are building a culture of shared ownership where everyone gets a chance to weigh in and help set direction for the game. Our studio is in its early days, which means there’s tons of opportunity to have a big impact on what we are making as well as in the overall direction of the company. Most importantly, we know our games will be at their best when a variety of voices, identities and perspectives go into their creation, so come join us!
Do you enjoy collaborating with other disciplines such as art, engineering and design? Are you someone that is passionate about making the best user experience ever in games? Is your natural sensibility for user experiences geared towards simplicity over complexity? If you answered “yes” to these, then this may be an amazing opportunity for you!
What your day to day will look like…
You’ll work on a variety of areas, from frontend menu screens, in-game HUDs and overlays to progression system UX and performance. You’ll favor simplicity in your implementation, you’ll provide tools and support to our UI designers and you’ll keep us honest when we’re paving over gameplay complexity with UI. You’ll use your experience to navigate building a clean, responsive UI spanning PC and console platforms in a variety of locales.
Everyone at Moonshot is a game developer first regardless of their specific role. Every day you’ll contribute to the design of our game in ways both big and small. You’ll participate in design discussions, give and receive feedback, and help advocate for simplicity within a passionate, cross-discipline team. We’re looking for willing partners to engage in the growth of our studio.
In addition, you’ll be responsible for the following areas:
- Contribute ideas to help explore game concepts across the development process
- Define technical standards and best practices for the authoring of UI content
- Implement menus, widgets, HUDs and information management systems in C++ and Unreal Blueprint
- Empower UI designers through rapid prototyping and iteration with the goal of creating simple, responsive UI that conveys the appropriate degree of information to our players
- Write clear, maintainable and high-performance UI code that supports a variety of locales across PC and console platforms
Some of the things you bring to the table…
- Proficiency in C/C++ and experience with game scripting languages
- Prior game UI development experience
- Experience collaborating with a cross-disciplinary group
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and collaboration skills
- Experience developing UI for multiplayer action games with a first-person perspective
- Experience with Unreal Engine and UMG
- Experience with console game development (Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, etc.)
Moonshot is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.