At Secret Door we believe that some of our best memories come from shared experiences with friends. As we begin crafting how to bring people together in positive ways, we are looking for a motivated user interface designer with experience devising interfaces for games on mobile, PC, and/or console. We are still in the early days of our studio and there’s a unique opportunity to have an impact on what we are making and how we go about making it. We know our games will be at their best when a variety of voices, identities, and perspectives go into their creation, so come join us!
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer who cares deeply about creating a great player experience, connecting the gameplay and player seamlessly. The UI/UX role will report to our Creative Lead. You will work closely with our team and our community to create elegant UI solutions for best in class user experiences in new and unique ways.
What you’ll do:
- Create wireframes in your preferred software of choice
- Design user flows using tools such as Figma
- Evaluate play experiences and determine where improvements to our UX and UI should be made
- Collaborate with the team to create user experiences that bring out the best elements of our game
- Cut up art and provide it in formats required for game UI elements
- Work with UI Artists and help provide guidance on the best artistic solutions for UI needs
- Participate in regular team playtests, offering feedback about the game
What we need:
- Passion for UI and UX with experience building UI’s for games across multiple platforms
- Ability to explore, get feedback, and iterate quickly on UI concepts through UX prototype software
- Experience using various art tools such as Photoshop or Illustrator to create/cut up UI art
- Ability to express a creative vision through a consistent user interface art style
- Experience implementing UI in a game engine with an aptitude for picking up new tools and processes
Bonus if you have it:
- Experience working in Unity
- Experience working on mobile
- Technical experience implementing UI in game engines
If these things resonate with you and you find yourself curious about what we are doing at Secret Door, please reach out!
Secret Door is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.