We believe that some of our best memories come from shared experiences with friends. As we begin crafting how to bring people together in positive ways, we are looking for a gameplay engineer who is excited to explore new ground. We are in the early days of our studio and there’s a unique opportunity to have an impact on what we are making and how we go about making it.
We are focused on staying nimble and therefore highly value generalists who can navigate a variety of engineering challenges. While you’ll help architect and implement gameplay systems and user-facing features, you’ll also find opportunities to work in other areas like content creator tools or backend systems. Your ability to have an impact will only grow as the game continues to evolve through development.
What you’ll need...
- Experience programming, debugging, profiling, and shipping multiplayer games.
- Solid background in C# and .NET.
- Diverse knowledge in different aspects of gameplay engineering such as gameplay systems, user interface, AI, or networking.
- Experience with source control systems such as Git/GitHub and Perforce.
- A passion for working closely with both designers and artists to craft features.
- The ability to be flexible and thrive in highly-autonomous and collaborative team environments.
Bonus if you have it…
- Experience developing and shipping games using the Unity game engine.
- Experience developing for a variety of platforms (e.g. desktop, console, and mobile) is highly valued.
- Experience creating tools that enable designers.
If this sounds exciting to you, please reach out! We’d love to chat with you.
Secret Door is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.