Unity Gameplay Engineer
We believe that some of our best memories come from shared experiences with friends. As we begin crafting how to bring people together in positive ways, we are looking for a gameplay engineer who is excited to explore new ground. We are in the early days of our studio and there’s a unique opportunity to have an impact on what we are making and how we go about making it.
We are focused on staying nimble and therefore highly value generalists that can navigate a variety of engineering challenges. While you’ll help architect and implement gameplay systems and user-facing features, you may find yourself collaborating with teammates on things like tools, backend systems, and even the game design itself.
What you’ll need...
- Extensive experience programming, debugging, profiling, and shipping Unity-based multiplayer games.
- Strong programming background in C# and .NET. Having experience with other languages and technologies is a bonus.
- Diverse knowledge in different aspects of gameplay engineering such as gameplay systems, user interface, AI, or networking.
- Experience developing for a variety of platforms (e.g. desktop, console, and mobile).
- A passion for working closely with both designers and artists to craft features.
- Previous experience creating tools that enable designers.
- The ability to be flexible and thrive in highly-autonomous and collaborative team environments.
If this sounds exciting to you, please reach out! We’d love to chat with you.
Secret Door is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.