At Secret Door we believe that some of our best memories come from shared experiences with friends. We are in the early days of our studio and there’s a ton of opportunity to have a big impact on what we are making. Most importantly, we know our games will be at their best when a variety of voices, identities, and perspectives go into their creation, so come join us!
As we begin crafting how to bring people together in positive ways, we are looking for a multi-faceted VFX Artist with an explorer’s mind set to join us on our journey.
As our first VFX artist you will create the visual quality target for everything VFX related while working alongside our small art team as you get up close and personal with a variety of creative tasks facing our studio in its early days. Ideally, you love problem solving and enjoy multitasking your way through some of the most impactful assignments we will face, all while helping realize the visual personality of our very first game.
What we need:
- Professional VFX experience with at least 1 shipped AAA title
- Strong art skills and extensive experience with Maya, Photoshop, Substance, Marmoset, and/or similar technologies utilized in the production of next-gen game art
- A strong sense of lighting, color, form, and motion
- Strong technical abilities and knowledge of PBR systems
- Considerable experience working in a modern game engine such as Unity or Unreal
- Experience with Houdini, dynamic simulations, and/or the ability to create and maintain VFX shader libraries are also desirable
What you’ll do:
- Develop real time VFX from concept to implementation and maintain a consistent VFX aesthetic
- Create VFX ranging from environmental, character, and creature FX to overall gameplay FX using best-in-class particle, texture and shader techniques
- Take on challenging VFX problems and develop solutions that consider all the variables
- Build comprehensive knowledge of the VFX art creation pipelines, tools, and systems
- Actively improve abilities and grow knowledge of VFX industry trends
- Cover letter (optional)
- Please include a portfolio demonstrating your ability to create VFX for real-time game engines
If these things resonate with you and you find yourself curious about what we are doing at Secret Door, please reach out!
Secret Door is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.